Hey AKPF… Britt here!! I know that as K-Pop fans we all have our favorite idol groups, our biases, and the people we wish we could marry, but I thought it would be fun to highlight various members of different groups and present some fun facts about them. Let’s delve deep into the belly of the beast and see what we can find. So I present to you the 7 Things You Might Not Know about your favorite artists, and this time it’s B2ST‘s Dongwoon.
Born Son Dong-woon on June 6th, 1991 in Busan, Dongwoon is the maknae of Beast and is known for his tall, Adonis-like body and his funny, infectious personality. Here are 7 fun facts that you may or may not know about Dongwoon.
1) Dongwoon is CLUMSY. He trips & falls a lot & is considered to be bad at sports, bad at dancing, and bad at everything physical. He’s even ripped his pants multiple times during mv filmings aaannd live performances.
2) But he can sing, play the piano & the violin too! Dongwoon has one of the best falsetto voices of all the male groups, check out some of his awesome piano playing for yourself as he performs his sub-unit single “When The Door Closes” with his fellow member Doojoon. He really loves playing his piano & usually practices alone. (Play for ME!!! plleeasseee??)
3) He looks racially ambiguous??? Dongwoon is known for his western, non-Korean looks, often casually referred to as looking more “thai” than 2PM‘s Nickchun. He loves it though, especially when he is called by one of his numerous nicknames, “Arabic Prince”. I think he looks like a cross between Greek, Italian, & Latino. What do you think AKPF?
4) He is DEATHLY afraid of bugs. Check out what happens when he encounters one @ this fan signing event. It’s okay Dongwoonie …. I hate bugs too! We can console eachother in our scaredness. [LOL]
5) Dongwoon doesn’t look like one but he is DEFINITELY a maknae. Because he looks older than he actually is, his mature looks have earned him the title of “Male God”. In his 1st year of high school, he was often asked to buy cigarettes for girls. However he’s considered to be very silly & is the mood-maker of the group. B2st member Junhyung was so shocked that Dongwoon was the maknae, he thought Dongwoon was much older than him!
6) This maknae is one of the smartest idols around. He does math easily, is conversational in both English & Chinese, and took his college entrance test at the same time as his older hyungs Kikwang, Hyunseung, and Junhyung. Dongwoon gives the credit to his father, Son Illak, (his hero!) a college professor at Cheongju University.
7) And lastly, Dongwoon is quite popular amongst his fellow idols. Because he trained for 2 years with JYPE and is a member of the ’91 line, he is close friends with Mir (Mblaq), Shinee’s Key, Jinwoon from 2am, Nicole from Kara, as well as the rest of the ’91 liners. He also counts Jay Park, Soohyun from U-Kiss, & the rest of the MBLAQ members as close friends. Kikwang & Dongwoon have known eachother the longest since their JYPE days.
So what do you think AKPF?? Did you already know these facts about Dongwoon? Were any a surprise? Do you know any other unique facts about Dongwoon that I haven’t mentioned?
And feel free to write me at email@example.com if you want me to feature your favorite artist next! Comment and let us know!